Thursday, August 03, 2006

Introduction




I thought I should take the opportunity to create a new blog for the LwC workshop on blogs and blogging. I've created blogs in the past, and I've got a couple of Wikis somewhere, but I can see that, in a sense, I have misused, or under-used, these resources in the past. I'm a natural loner, so I've overlooked or ignored the social aspect of blogging. Often, I've written solely for myself - and there are certainly occasions and situations where this must be legitimate. In this blog, though, I'll try and concentrate on making it a blog where social interaction is important. If I can work out how to do that!

By the way - 'Osnacantab' is a word I've coined from half of the name of the city where I live in Germany, OSNA (Osnabrueck 'Oxen bridge'), and the Latin (!) abbreviation for the university town where I studied, CANTAB (Cambridge - another bridge - the bridge over the river Cam) - Osnacantab 'The Cambridge person living in Osnabrueck. (All of that just because "Dennis" was taken on Blogger!)

Order of original posting: ONE

4 Comments:

Blogger Maria Claudia Bellusci said...

Bridges seem to be an ever-present image in your life and this blog is still another bridge. There are lots of LwCers willing to walk across it.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Dennis said...

Claudia,

Great to see you and read you. Thanks sincerely for all your encouragement on this course. Yes, it is interesting how often bridges croppsed up. Our neighbour, Elfie Plashues, is a potter and recently mounted a small exhibition called "Bridges". She's fascinated by what bridges can suggest - attempted communication, an element of danger and uncertainity, links, but links that can break down.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Ana Maria Menezes said...

Dennis,

Looking through your different blogs it was interesting to notice the different objectives you had for each one and how they progressed with time. I´m also trying to find my way in blogs.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Verschoor said...

I´m still struggling my way through blogs and I found it very interesting to see how you improved yours!!
Hope to be able to do the same soon!!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home