Saturday, July 29, 2006

Anyone need a partner? Snowdon from near Harlech


Thinking about both this blog and many of the activities on the list, I am increasingly aware of what a difference it makes if one is lucky enough (in some ways) to be no longer working full-time.

It brings home the necessity of having a clearn reason, a focus every time one uses a bit of technology or reaches for a Web 2.0 tool. I don't mean this narrowly - if using blogs, for examples, makes teaching and learning more fun what better justification could you seek?

Still: If anyone wants a surprise visitor to visit your classroom, pass on messages to Nils, make a recording etc....ask away.

I think I'll put a picture in EVERY message. Why not? It doesn't cost extra and there will always be something interesting to see......What can I easily find?
It's a view of the back of Snowdon, Wales' highest mountain. Ths photo is taken from near Harlech and the private caravan we stay in for two weeks every year. The river is an estuary, and it flows into the sea - on the left. The views of Harlech using Google Earth are fabulous .

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria Claudia Bellusci said...

Dennis,
It's so nice of you to to make such a kind offer to other teachers. I'm sure you'll get enough requests for your services to keep you busy.
To add to the socializing aspect of blogging I'm quite sure you'll get many readers interested in your photos and firsthand comments on Britain and British people. Count me in in your virtual tour!
Claudia
P/S: Why don't you post some Google Earth screenshots? My PC is not good enough for it.

9:17 PM  
Blogger SVine said...

Dear Dennis

I agree with your idea I like to put a picture in every entry then at least it is colourful .

Love the blog

Sheila

11:51 PM  
Blogger Dennis said...

Sheila,

There is nothing as encouraging as positive feedback.

Thanks.


Dennis

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home