Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wedding breakfast for 4 on the river in Cambridge



My wife and I had a rather unconventional wedding breakfast in Cambridge. After the civil ceremony, and after we had changed, I took a punt (a flat-bottomed boat) from the college and punted my wife and I and our two witnesses down the river to a quiet and picturesque point and there we drank champagne and ate sandwiches we'd bought at a little shop we know near the entrance to St. John's College. The stretch of river we are on is The Backs, so called because it runs along the backs of the colleges.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria Claudia Bellusci said...

Dennis,
Did you get married secretly?!?!? How could you!
Claudia :-((((((

P/S: Congratulations anyway!!!!!!!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Dennis said...

As a matter of fact, Claudia, I DID get married secretly, but that was 11 years ago! We'd been living 'in sin' (A "wild" marriage, as the Germans call it.) We'd been together for 14 years and decided going legal was our business . ( We had a fantastic party, though, when we got back to Germany in the pub Merlin next door.)

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home